Cosmetic Dental Care In Hunstville
At Dr. Brown’s cosmetic dental office in Huntsville, AL, we work hard to provide our patients with quality dental care in a comfortable environment to enhance each of our patients’ experiences. Healthy Smiles, P.C. uses the latest in dental technology to ensure that each patient receives dental care that is not only customized to their smile, but is also affordable. We are thrilled to offer a variety of cosmetic dental treatments including teeth whitening, veneers, crowns and bridges and composite bonding. Read below to learn a bit more about each of our dental specialties!
Teeth darken over time, but fortunately, with recent advancements in dental technology, Dr. Brown can brighten your smile. Discoloration and stains are caused by many factors, including:
- Food and beverages, like coffee, tea and soda.
- Childhood medications or illnesses.
- Tobacco use.
- Improper oral hygiene.
Restoring your pearly whites is a specialty of ours. Our Huntsville teeth whitening team offers a variety of industry-approved methods that are guaranteed to bring back your bright smile. For instance, one of our methods is a gentle hydrogen-peroxide gel-activated solution that whitens your entire smile in only one visit!
Dr. Brown and her wonderful team are trained professionals with the goal of meeting the needs of each and every one of their patients. Call us today for a whitening evaluation.
Veneers from your Huntsville Dentist
Customized from porcelain material, veneers are thin, semi-translucent “shells” bonded to your front teeth to improve the appearance of your smile. Dr. Brown offers them as a great alternative to otherwise painful dental procedures and may even help patients avoid orthodontic treatment. Veneers are commonly used to fix the following dental problems:
- Spaces between the teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Unsightly, stained or discolored teeth
- Permanently stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshapen teeth
Subtle changes to your smile can easily be achieved using veneers, and in most cases, veneer application is completed in only two visits with your Huntsville cosmetic dentist and team!
Crowns and Bridges in Huntsville, AL
A crown is a custom-made covering fitted over an original tooth that is decayed, damaged or cracked. Crowns are made of porcelain, gold, acrylic resin or a mixture of these materials. Though it is less durable, porcelain generally has the most tooth-like appearance.
Generally, a crown treatment involves the following procedures:
- Numbing the tooth to remove the decay in or around it.
- Re-sculpturing the tooth to provide an ideal fit for the crown.
- Making an impression of your teeth in order to create a custom-made crown, which usually takes one to two weeks.
- Making a temporary crown out of acrylic resin and fitting it onto the tooth during the interim period when the custom-made crown is being created.
- Applying the custom-made crown by removing the temporary crown and fitting the custom-made one onto the tooth.
- After ensuring that the crown has the proper look and fit, the your Huntsville dentist cements it into place.
The process takes a minimum of two to three visits over a three to four week period. Once the procedure is completed, proper dental hygiene, including daily brushing and flossing, is required to maintain healthy, bacteria-free teeth, gums, teeth and crowns to prevent gum disease and for longer lasting crowns.
We also offer bridges, or dental devices that fill spaces previously occupied by a tooth. A bridge will prevent the shifting of the teeth, which can lead to bite problems, jaw problems and even periodontal disease and help keep existing teeth healthy and bright! There are three main types of bridges, namely:
- The Fixed Bridge: Our most popular bridge that consists of a filler tooth attached to two crowns, which fit over the existing teeth to hold the bridge in place.
- The “Maryland” Bridge: Commonly used to replace missing front teeth and consists of a filler attached to metal bands bonded to the abutment teeth. The metal bands consist of a white-colored composite resin that will match your existing tooth color.
- The Cantilever Bridge: Often used when there are teeth on only one side of the span and typically consists of two crowned teeth positioned next to each other on the same side of the missing tooth space. The filler tooth is then connected to the two crowned teeth, which extend into the missing tooth space or end.
Contact your local Huntsville dental office to schedule a consultation to find out if you are a candidate for either crowns or bridges.
Composite Bonding at your local Huntsville Cosmetic Dentistry
Composite bonding is used to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile. Composite bonding includes bonding composite material, usually a plastic or resin, to an existing tooth. Unlike veneers or crowns, composite bonding removes little, if any, of the original tooth. Bonding can repair chipped or cracked teeth, get rid of gaps or spaces between teeth, or hide tooth discoloration. Composite bonding has many advantages, including:
- Treatment time typically lasts less than one hour.
- The tooth’s structure is easily maintained
- Bonding is relatively inexpensive
- The many different shades of composite resins allow for a closer match to the natural color of your teeth.
Composite bonds are not as durable or long lasting as crowns or veneers. They stain more easily and therefore require proper care and regular cleaning and they may need to be replaced or re-touched at some point. In order to ensure the longest possible duration of the bonding, you should brush and floss regularly and avoid foods and drinks that can stain the composite, such as coffee, tea, tobacco, foods and candy.
If you are interested in any of our cosmetic dental procedures, please do not hesitate to contact us our Huntsville office. Our friendly team is always happy to answer your questions or help you schedule an appointment with Dr. Brown. We look forward to hearing from you!